PCI structure & history
The Peer Community In initiative includes:
The Peer Community In association
The PCI association is a not-for-profit and non-commercial organisation created in December 2016. Its members are scientists, and it is managed by scientists, for scientists. See the statutes of the association (in French).
The PCI association is made up of
- Its members:
- The members of the managing boards of all the thematic PCIs
- The 3 founders of PCI (Denis Bourguet, Benoit Facon and Thomas Guillemaud)
- A support team
- A support officer (Marjolaine Hamelin) since 2021
- Four IT engineers (Alex Dehne Garcia, Gabriel Franck, Olivier Fambon and Sylvain Piry)
The roles of the PCI association are to define the strategy of PCI, to create/abolish thematic PCIs and to fund and organise the functioning of the various thematic PCIs and the Peer Community Journal.
The various thematic Peer Community In
Each thematic PCI includes:
- Many recommenders, playing a role analogous to that of journal editors
- A managing board (periodically renewed)
- A few administrators (usually the founders of the thematic PCI) responsible for dealing with the technical problems and administrative issues.
External actors not belonging to PCI make the thematic PCIs work: authors submit articles, reviewers evaluate articles and users read evaluations.
The role of the thematic PCIs is to organise the evaluation of preprints in their field and, for the texts accepted, to publish a recommendation text with the reviews, converting the recommended text into a final, valid and citable article.
See the list of the thematic PCIs.
The Peer Community Journal
The Peer Community Journal (starting fall 2021) is endowed with:
- An editorial board (composed of all the managing boards of all the thematic PCIs)
- An executive board (the members of the board of PCI)
- A managing co-ordinator