To submit your preprints go to
Five good reasons to submit your preprint to a PCI
- PCI, based on preprints, is a free, innovative project. It does not rely on private or for-profit publishers, but on your scientific community. These articles are scientifically validated and recommended free of charge.
- PCI guarantees the scientific validity of preprints. Once recommended, your article can be cited as “peer-reviewed”! Moreover, it is associated with a high-quality recommendation text signed by renowned scientists in the field, which is likely to stimulate interest in your article. Readers have access to your article and its recommendation entirely free of charge.
- PCI recommendations are transparent: the entire editorial process is public. Readers will have access to reviews and will know on what basis your article has been recommended, which is not the case for the vast majority of articles published in journals.
- PCI recommendation and publication in a journal are not mutually exclusive: your article can be recommended by a PCI and then submitted to a journal. Authors need only wait for the outcome of the recommendation process before submitting their articles for publication in traditional journals. This requirement is imposed solely to prevent parallel reviewing processes.
- PCI can increase the chances of your article being accepted by a traditional journal. The reviews of your article and the modifications requested can substantially increase the quality of your article before its submission to a traditional journal, thereby increasing the likelihood of acceptance. For instance, in ecology and evolution, the Editors-in-Chief of Ecology Letters, Evolution, BMC Evol Biol, Oikos, Evolutionary Ecology, Evolutionary Applications, Molecular Ecology, Frontiers of Biogeography, Genetica, and Journal of Evolutionary Biology (see the complete list here) have indicated they will consider submissions of recommended articles and they may use PCI reviews and recommendations for their own review processes.
Before submitting a preprint to a PCI
Submitting a preprint to a PCI
1) Go to the website of the PCI of your choice (PCI Evol Biol, PCI Ecol, PCI Paleo) and log in
2) Click on the green ‘SUBMIT A PREPRINT’ button
3) Complete the form (title, authors, DOI, abstract, keywords, thematic fields)
4) Suggest recommenders by clicking on the blue ‘SUGGEST RECOMMENDERS’ button. Each time you suggest a new recommender, you can add others, or remove a suggested recommender by clicking on the orange ‘REMOVE’ button
5) Complete your submission by clicking on the green ‘COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION’ button. This will result in your submission being sent to the managing board for validation.